K-5 Math Tutor
Is the math curriculum taught in schools changing? The content is remains the same but the way children are taught is constantly changing.
Before you spend too much time sorting through the curriculum, you want to make sure that Math is Fun for you and your child. Here are two great resources for lots of games you can play with your child to help reinforce the math concepts he / she is learning.
Most school boards and department of education include four main strands of mathematics education. The four strands are:
• Develop number sense.
PATTERNS AND RELATIONS
• Use patterns to describe the world and to solve problems.
Variables and Equations
SHAPE AND SPACE
• Use direct and indirect measurement to solve problems.
3-D Objects and 2-D Shapes
• Describe the characteristics of 3-D objects and 2-D shapes, and analyze the relationships among them.
• Describe and analyze position and motion of objects and shapes.
STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
• Collect, display and analyze data to solve problems.
Chance and Uncertainty
• Use experimental or theoretical probabilities to represent and solve problems involving uncertainty.
Check out the topics listed in this section to find resources for K through Grade 5 Math concepts.